DigiSTAR – SPECIFICATIONS
DigiSTAR: Advanced TEM electron diffraction tool for nanocrystal structure determination.
- DigiSTAR is a Patented precession device for controlling the TEM beam resulting in the acquisition of precession electron diffraction (PED) The system is compatible with most TEMs, including the new generation TEMs (single/double Cs aberration corrected) with improved probe size/spatial resolution results when precession is applied. The system can be interfaced to several TEMs in the same laboratory (with adequate mechanical interface).
- Precession electron diffraction (PED) typical maximum half angle is between 0.5 and 3°, (TEM column architecture dependent).
- Precession Frequency is adjustable from 1 to 1000 Hertz (column dependent).
- The system has precession beam compensation function to keep minimum beam size for best possible spatial resolution (at all precession angles) by a factor of x 5 or more by software.
- The system allows several digitally saved alignment values for different set-ups (different TEMs, different operational modes, precession angles).