3D Diffraction tomography
ADT-3D uses a Precession Electron Diffraction (PED) acquired tilt series of 2D off-zone patterns from a nanocrystal and transforms them into a 3D diffraction volume. Automatic clustering and manual routines are then used to determine the unit cell parameters. The extracted intensities can then be used find a structural solution, using direct methods, producing a three-dimensional atomic structure of the crystal.
DigiSTAR–precession electron diffraction (PED) device enables the collection of quasi-kinematical intensities (X-Ray like) in any TEM. PED in combination with powerful software (3D difffraction tomography) enables the reconstruction of the reciprocal cell of any nanomaterial and the automatic measurement of the reflection intensities.
In this way you can use your TEM as a powerful tool to solve any nanocrystal structure with performance comparable to the most advanced Synchrotron beamlines.
SHORT PRODUCT PRESENTATION
- Works with any TEM with 120-200-300 kV LaB6/W or FEG filament
- Selected area (SAED) or Nanobeam (NBD) mode
- Smallest crystals used: ~100nm organics & ~20nm inorganics
- Application for agglomerated / embedded samples Polyphasic materials
- Diffraction data collection with any CCD camera (35mm port or on axis)1k x 1k or higher
- Diffraction data collection with single tilt holder /tomography holder or cryoholder(for beam sensitive samples)
- Minimum tilt (for cell parameters determination) -15°/+ 15° 1°step. Recommended tilt (for crystal structure determination)-45°/+45° 1° step.
- DigiSTAR compatible with any TEM
- Manual / automatic PED data collection (TEM config. dependent)
- Software for 3D diffraction tomography (ADT 3D)
- Reconstruction of reciprocal space by collected PED patterns
- Automatic cell parameter determination (2-5% error)
- Space group determination
- Automatic measurement of 3D reflection intensities for ab-initio structure determination of any structure.
video full screen
3D reciprocal space reconstruction of Y0.8Pr0.2Ba2Cu3O7 superconductor with ADT 3D software.
Structural model of the superconductor obtained from the electron tomography data (O red, Cu blue, Ba green and Y is yellow
Structural Characterization in TEM by
3D Electron Diffraction / Micro-ED
Dr. Partha Das Application Scientist NanoMEGAS Belgium
Structure of inorganic nanomaterials can be
solved with 3D precession electron diffraction
tomography techniques in TEM